1. We are fully aware of the trauma of leaving your infant for the first time. It is our goal to provide you with complete peace of mind during your workday.
2. Your baby will never be left unattended. All babies will be held and rocked while having a bottle, be talked to, played with, and have social interaction with other babies.
3. Our center is furnished with swings, bouncers, jumpie chairs, walkers, and other different and appropriate toys to stimulate and amuse your baby.
1– AND 2– YEAR OLDS
We will follow your schedule as closely as possible concerning bottles, food, etc. while we provide a warm, loving atmosphere for your child. This is the age of discovery. Each day brings new development and landmarks in your child’s growth. Some are beginning to name objects while others are talking in two– and three– syllable word sentences. Perpetual Motions seems the best to describe this age. Climbing, jumping, exploring, music, and books are of growing interest. We have provided a safe, enjoyable learning environment for your toddler.
3– YEAR OLDS
Our three-year old program includes the following activities:
1. Social Development including the meaning of manners, taking turns, and sharing.
2. Numbers recitation and recognition.
3. Alphabet recitation and recognition.
4. Recognition and identification of basic colors.
5. Listening skills developed through story telling.
6. Shape Recognition such as circles, squares, triangles, and rectangles.
7. Music Program that includes singing, records, marching, finger, and hand songs.
8. Physical Development: Large Muscles: Running, hopping; Small Muscles: Coloring, clay, and pegboard.
9. Creative Thinking including use of imagination.
10. Safety Awareness such as identification of hazards associated with traffic and strangers.
2. Shapes and sizes
3. Numbers and counting objects
5. Manners and work habits
6. Arts and crafts
7. Continued social development
8. Following directions
9. Motor skill development
10. Coordination and dexterity skills
11. Begin to learn printing
12. Music and games
Mathematics program consists of concepts and mastery of basic math skills.
Program goals are:
1. Verbally counting to 100.
2. Recognition and writing of numbers 0 through 9.
3. Verbally identify common shapes.
4. Definition of set concepts.
5. One-to-one correspondence.
6. Equivalent and empty sets.
7. Calendar and time concepts.
8. Use and understanding of written symbols.
9. Basis concepts of addition and subtraction.
Introductory reading skills training includes:
1. Visual discrimination of geometric shapes, letters, and word-like symbols.
2. Letter recognition of both upper– and lower-case.
3. Phonetic development
4. Auditory discrimination, beginning sound and rhyming words.
5. Understanding of vowels and consonants.
6. Letter/sound combinations.
7. Vowel patterns.
8. Sentence development.
Continuation of development of physical and social skills:
1. Motor and hand/eye coordination including concept of left and right.
2. Following directions and sequencing.
3. Social studies.
4. Physical education.
5. Music participation and appreciation.
6. Use of art material such as crayons, clay, and paints.
Our school is the best choice for your kid
6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.—Early Birds are grouped together until a sufficient number have arrived to group by age. Children may also enjoy breakfast together during this time.
11 a.m. to 12 noon—Lunch always consists of a well-balanced meal.
12 noon to 2 p.m.—Children nap in semi-dark rooms
on their assigned individual cots. During this time they are continually under the supervision and guidance of the staff.
2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.—Snack Time consists of treats such as bread or crackers along with fresh fruit or vegetables. It also provides a brief rest period for toileting, hand washing, social interaction, and redirection.